Transportation Manager Job Description
Start Date: April 29th, 2019
Duration: 8 weeks
Location: Kingston, Ontario
SpiderWebShow is a nationally-connected, Kingston-based performance company that creates and curates digital integration with live performance. It is led by Artistic Director Michael Wheeler (Praxis Theatre, Generator Performance), Creative Catalyst Sarah Garton Stanley (NAC English Theatre, selfconscious theatre), and Festival Director Adrienne Wong (Neworld Theatre).
The Festival of Live Digital Arts (foldA) is an investigation of how digital technologies are contributing to the changing nature of live performance. Running from June 12th to 15th at the Isabel Bader Centre for the Performing Arts, foldA includes livestreams, performances, and the StartUp; conversations, challenges, and workshops that build, design, and interrogate the next generation of digital live performance.
The Transportation Manager is responsible for the coordination and execution of all festival transportation needs, including tracking artists travel, insuring patrons have necessary travel information, and executing festival transportation needs as required.
REPORTS TO: Festival Director (Adrienne Wong) / Festival Producer (Madison Lymer)
- Assist the Festival Producer in coordinating artist travel
- Identify transportation needs as they emerge through festival planning
- During the festival coordinate driving between artist, production, and festival needs
- Identify where additional drivers will be required and schedule accordingly
- Assist Festival Producer and Digital Content Producer with administrative tasks as required
The Transportation Manager will be called upon to fill duties and tasks beyond this job description, as needed.
- A passion for contemporary performance and artworks that integrate live performance and digital technologies
- Knowledge of local Kingston cultural community and resources
- Comfortable making and executing complex schedules
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with Apple-Macintosh computers and Microsoft Office products;
- Dedication, endurance and resourcefulness
- A sense of humour
- Applicants must have access to a laptop and cellphone for the duration of the contract
- Comfortable driving for long periods of time
- Applicants must be 25 and possess a “G” Class Driver’s License or its equivalent, OR have access to their own transportation
Cover letter & resume with two references are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 12pm on Wednesday, April 10th, 2019. Please note that this position is contingent on Canada Summer Jobs funding.
Please include your availability for interviews on Tuesday, April 16th, 2019. We are happy to conduct interviews by Skype if requested.
SpiderWebShow is an equal opportunities employer, and we encourage applicants of all backgrounds and abilities to apply. If you have any access requirements for the application or interview process please contact Madison Lymer at email@example.com or Michael Wheeler at (416) 9392173 so that we can accomodate.