Assistant Technical Director & Production Manager Job Description
Start Date: April 29th, 2019
Duration: 8 weeks Full Time
Location: Kingston, Ontario
SpiderWebShow is a nationally-connected, Kingston-based performance company that creates and curates digital integration with live performance. It is led by Artistic Director Michael Wheeler (Praxis Theatre, Generator Performance), Creative Catalyst Sarah Garton Stanley (NAC English Theatre, selfconscious theatre), and Festival Director Adrienne Wong (Neworld Theatre).
The Festival of Live Digital Arts (foldA) is an investigation of how digital technologies are contributing to the changing nature of live performance. Running from June 12th to 15th at the Isabel Bader Centre for the Performing Arts, foldA includes livestreams, performances, and the StartUp; conversations, challenges, and workshops that build, design, and interrogate the next generation of digital live performance.
The Assistant Technical Director/ Production Manager is responsible to assist the TD/ PM with the technical and production needs of the artists presented by foldA, and the Start Up.
REPORTS TO: Technical Director / Production Manager (Jesse MacMillan) / Festival Producer (Madison Lymer)
Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist TD/PM with managing artists needs and establishing production schedule
- Oversee venue spaces and technicians as required
- Support TD/PM with all technical aspects relating foldA programming and events including live performances, livestreams, workshops, Start Up conversations, meals, and transportation, as needed.
- Public Face of foldA and SWS Performance
- Fosters good relationships with other arts organizations, and non-theatre entities and companies locally, nationally, and internationally. For the duration of the employment contract, the Assistant Technical Director/Production Manager is an an advocate and ambassador for foldA, SWS Performance and the organization’s initiatives.
The Assistant Technical Director/Production Manager may be called upon to fill duties and tasks beyond this job description, as needed.
- A passion for contemporary performance and artworks that integrate live performance and digital technologies
- Knowledge of local Kingston cultural community and resources
- Familiar with creating production schedules
- Good knowledge of theatre lighting, sound, and video equipment
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with Apple-Macintosh computers and Microsoft Office products, as well as CAD and Vectorworks
- Dedication, endurance and resourcefulnessA sense of humour
- Applicants must have access to a laptop and cellphone for the duration of the contract
- “G” Class drivers license preferred, but not required
Cover letter & resume with two references are to be submitted to email@example.com by no later than 12pm on Wednesday, April 10th, 2019. Please note that this position is contingent on Canada Summer Jobs funding.
Please include your availability for interviews on Tuesday, April 16th, 2019. We are happy to conduct interviews by Skype if requested.
SpiderWebShow is an equal opportunities employer, and we encourage applicants of all backgrounds and abilities to apply. If you have any access requirements for the application or interview process please contact Madison Lymer at firstname.lastname@example.org or Michael Wheeler at (416) 9392173 so that we can accomodate.