Assistant Access Coordinator Internship Description
Start Date: April 29th, 2019
Duration: 8 weeks (7 weeks very part time, 1 week part time, 1 week full time)
Compensation: Honorarium Provided
Location: Kingston, Ontario
SpiderWebShow is a nationally-connected, Kingston-based performance company that creates and curates digital integration with live performance. It is led by Artistic Director Michael Wheeler (Praxis Theatre, Generator Performance), Creative Catalyst Sarah Garton Stanley (NAC English Theatre, selfconscious theatre), and Festival Director Adrienne Wong (Neworld Theatre).
The Festival of Live Digital Arts (foldA) is an investigation of how digital technologies are contributing to the changing nature of live performance. Running from June 12th to 15th at the Isabel Bader Centre for the Performing Arts, foldA includes livestreams, performances, and the StartUp; conversations, challenges, and workshops that build, design, and interrogate the next generation of digital live performance.
The Assistant Access Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the accessibility of foldA and its various performances based on the recommendations of the Access Coordinator.
REPORTS TO: Access Coordinator (TBD) / Festival Producer (Madison Lymer)
- Work with Access Coordinator to identify potential access needs during the festival
- Execute site visits to identify any barriers
- Communicate with patrons and artists who may identify as requiring access support during the festival
- Create a clear access plan and identify resources for all patrons, artists, and staff of the festival
- Work with artists to ensure their performances are accessible should any barriers be identified
- Assist Festival Producer with local outreach to find performers / volunteers
- A passion for contemporary performance and artworks that integrate live performance and digital technologies
- An understanding of the various
- A dedication to making the theatre more accessible
- A desire to learn more about access tools
- Knowledge of local Kingston cultural community and resources;
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with Apple-Macintosh computers and Microsoft Office products
- Dedication, endurance and resourcefulness
- A sense of humour.
- Applicants must have access to a laptop and cellphone for the duration of the contract
Cover letter & resume with two references are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 12pm on Wednesday, April 10th, 2019.
Please include your availability for interviews on Tuesday, April 16th, 2019. We are happy to conduct interviews by Skype if requested.
SpiderWebShow is an equal opportunities employer, and we encourage applicants of all backgrounds and abilities to apply. If you have any access requirements for the application or interview process please contact Madison Lymer at email@example.com or Michael Wheeler at (416) 9392173 so that we can accomodate.