Front of House & Box Office Internship Description
Start Date: April 29th, 2019
Duration: 8 weeks (7 weeks very part time, 1 week part time, 1 week full time)
Compensation: Honorarium Provided
Location: Kingston, Ontario
SpiderWebShow is a nationally-connected, Kingston-based performance company that creates and curates digital integration with live performance. It is led by Artistic Director Michael Wheeler (Praxis Theatre, Generator Performance), Creative Catalyst Sarah Garton Stanley (NAC English Theatre, selfconscious theatre), and Festival Director Adrienne Wong (Neworld Theatre).
The Festival of Live Digital Arts (foldA) is an investigation of how digital technologies are contributing to the changing nature of live performance. Running from June 12th to 15th at the Isabel Bader Centre for the Performing Arts, foldA includes livestreams, performances, and the StartUp; conversations, challenges, and workshops that build, design, and interrogate the next generation of digital live performance.
The Front of House & Box Office Assistant is responsible to assist the Producer with tracking, registration, of festival attendees as well as ticket sales for performances during foldA.
REPORTS TO: Festival Producer (Madison Lymer) / Digital Content Producer (Mariah Horner)
Leading up to the festival: (Part time / flexible hours)
- Assist in setting up Festival Registration / Artist Registration / Ticketed Events
- Assist in tracking registrations and daily attendance breakdown
- Assist in tracking revenue from passes & tickets
Week before festival: (Part Time)
- Set up / assist Digital Content Producer with Slack “Welcome Desk” info hub
- Organize name tags and welcome desk set up
- Continue tracking registrations
- Confirm all artists have given their dates for attending
- Manage Welcome Desk
- Checking patrons in (as well as keeping track of who attends daily)
- Providing directions / schedule details
- Act as communication hub in person and online for patrons
- Act as stationary base and information hub for festival staff
- Assist with clean up post festival as needed (1-2 days)
- Reliable, highly organized, and a desire to gain more experience in theatre administration, particularly in front of house and box office administration
- An interest in contemporary performance and artworks that integrate live performance and digital technologies
- Knowledge of local Kingston cultural community and resources
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with Apple-Macintosh computers and Microsoft Office products
- Dedication, endurance and resourcefulness
- A sense of humour
- Applicants must have access to a laptop and cellphone for the duration of the internships
Cover letter & resume with two references are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 12pm on Wednesday, April 10th, 2019.
Please include your availability for interviews on Tuesday, April 16th, 2019. We are happy to conduct interviews by Skype if requested.
SpiderWebShow is an equal opportunities employer, and we encourage applicants of all backgrounds and abilities to apply. If you have any access requirements for the application or interview process please contact Madison Lymer at email@example.com or Michael Wheeler at (416) 9392173 so that we can accomodate.